How Does Geofencing In Prescott Work With Home Security?
Today's residential security installations have become more capable every year. Even so, it’s still easy to forget to do easy security tasks like activating your a security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these chores ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Prescott, you can just leave the house and make your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Prescott For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you may set up in your smartphone app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices utilize to communicate with each other. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by grouping all devices onto a single network. You are then able to draw a unique boundary along the perimeter of your home and assign particular actions if you go past the prearranged border line.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your property, you may set your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are several of the technologies you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home security system in Prescott. With the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan when a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your hallway lighting if your security camera notices strange movements outside.
● Set a scene: Design scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs lower, the thermostat go down, and the locks engage when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for TV night with specific lighting and thermostat levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm the security system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Prescott
Whether you’re looking for added peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (928) 888-9024 or complete the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.