What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Prescott
You know you have to protect your home. Above all else, it supplies shelter for your spouse and children and is where you have all of your possessions. But what type of home defense is right for you? Determining if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading considerations you will make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Prescott and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense links to a professional monitoring team that is prepared to provide help at all times. If an entrypoint sensor trips or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring professionals are issued a warning immediately. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with a backup team. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you must take action to remedy the situation. This possibility is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Prescott
Here’s a brief look at the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup on your side is always wise. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without your smartphone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll reply faster to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security might entitle you to a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Better tools and smooth integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will gain access to a fully connected system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Numerous individuals prefer to have work taken care of by experienced experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation may be satisfactory for most as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Prescott
Here’s a brief rundown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers may deem this to be an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an installation charge. Others will prefer going with a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may install devices when you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you might find assembling into a fully connected system more challenging.
- Control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’ve misplaced your smartphone and don’t receive a security alert? This circumstance equates to more stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: Since you are the only one in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No assistance hooking up the system: If you want a helping hand during the installation, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Prescott
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Prescott from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the best choice for your family. Call (928) 888-9024 today to speak with our security experts.