Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Prescott?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Prescott? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your property for video surveillance: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. While your provider is able to advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Front Door
While you might find it unlikely that a burglar would try to just walk in primary entrance, 34% of intrusions happen at this obvious access point. You also have porch pirates among other dangers to consider. A video doorbell is ideal to manage these types of worries with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you have the ability to converse with any visitors who approach and ring the bell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can reply to every ring with two-way communications and real-time footage and appear to be at home. Then if someone attempts something nefarious, you can have your video doorbell automatically document the event on video and send it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging assignment. Luckily, there are a few beneficial tips to make sure your property is defended properly.
- The corners of your Prescott house provide a better field-of-view, seeing two parts of your yard.
- Position underneath an overhang or straight into a bit of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for invaders than you might believe!
- Over a patio or sliding door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the road.
For each installation, be sure to trim away any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct your view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Prescott. But the additional flexibility does mean there are more factors to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are down and latched, the natural light from a window may cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to eliminate this problem.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to a guard tower, a surveillance device installed in a higher spot will provide a broader view. Try placing your cameras above bookcases or attached to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your security cameras in locations where children or pets aren’t able to interact with them. Consider mounting or a different method to secure them to be certain they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The top security camera won’t help you much if there is a houseplant blocking the view. However, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to conceal your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Just call (928) 888-9024 or complete the following form to start your project.